Become the teacher you have always wanted to be and earn a Master’s degree in the process.
Phase One (Graduate Certificate)
- Builds on your bachelor’s degree
- Guides you toward becoming a “highly qualified” and “fully licensed” teacher
- Prepare for teaching and the “initial” license before entering the classroom OR clear your “provisional” (lateral entry) license while teaching
- Become an effective, professional, decision-making teacher
Phase Two (Master of Arts in Teaching)
- Become a self-reflective master teacher
- Develop advanced competencies as a teacher-researcher and a teacher-leader
- Earn the advanced license and a 10% pay raise (after 2 years of teaching)
- Phase Two must be completed within the six year time limit from when the first course for licensure was taken
* Traditional classroom instruction and online courses are available.
Apply to UNC Charlotte
Apply online to start moving toward one of the most challenging, interesting, and satisfying careers you will ever choose.
- Complete a UNC Charlotte Graduate School Admission online application form, beginning here.
- Application requirements:
- Undergraduate GPA of 2.5 with favorable recommendations or completion of the GPA forgiveness route. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
- one official transcript from all institutions attended while in or since high school
- three recommenders contact information
- statement of purpose
- application fee of $65
Please contact us online, or call Bethany Myers at 704-687-7353 for
more details. Check out our online handbook and Frequently Asked Questions page.