Become the teacher you have always wanted to be.
As a pre-education student you will:
- Be supported throughout the process by the TEALR office and education advisors (COED 119)
- Take required introductory Education courses (see plan of study for specific courses)
- Attend optional workshops held by TEALR advisors, Teacher Toolbox Tuesdays and other support activities in the College of Education
To be admitted into the College of Education and begin your upper-division courses you must:
- Maintain a 2.5 GPA
- Take required introductory Education courses (see plan of study for specific courses) and make “Cs” or better.
- Have 30-45 hours of study completed (different for each major)
- Have a passing score on Praxis Core or SAT/ACT to exempt
- Praxis Core-468
- SAT-1100 (Math and Reading combined)
- ACT-24 (composite)
- Completed application in TEALR (with advisor’s signature)
- Signed disposition statement
- Clear Criminal Background Check